Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Outfit of the Day: 1/5

Dear readers,
First off, so sorry I missed blogging yesterday!  Second, let's take a look at another outfit of the day:
I chose to dress in Elie Tahari H to T (head to toe) today, as he is my favorite designer (for those who don't know, yes, Elie Tahari is a man).  One tip I have for everyone: pick a favorite designer that really fits you well and establish a collection of a lot of pieces from that designer.  It makes it easy for you to both establish a signature style for yourself and to have a go-to designer.
Since turquoise is really in this season, and it matches my eyes, I decided to wear a turquoise silk Tahari shirt:
Now following a rule we've talked about a lot: this top has a bold color but not a bold pattern, so on the bottom we don't want a bold color but we can have a more bold pattern.  Therefore, I chose my new favorite pair of pants, a leather snakeskin-embossed Tahari skinny pants:
Next, you can never go wrong with a great fitted leather jacket.  Grays are in this season, so a gray Elie Tahari leather jacket goes great with the rest of the outfit:
Now for accessories: let's bring in another color.  Green looks fabulous with turquoise, so an xbox green and ivory necklace and matching earrings adds another pop:
Another must-have style for winter are boots.  A simple pair of high-heeled black leather boots completes a powerful look and lengthens the leg:
The outfit stops there, but to spice it up a little, I added a very subtle pop of color: bright red nails:


And there you have it, today's outfit:






2 comments:

  1. wow! cute outfit! i hope you keep doing these daily

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my favorite outfit yet! and all the fashion help you give in our dorm is really hepful

    ReplyDelete