Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hair Products--switch it up!

This one's for the girls:
Usually I talk about fashion or makeup, but in this post I wanna talk about hair, specifically hair products.  Hair products are extremely important for keeping your hair healthy, moisturized, volumized, and shiny.  One thing a lot of people don't know is that it's important to MIX UP YOUR HAIR PRODUCTS, i.e., don't use the same product all the time.  This is because your hair gets used to certain products, making the products you currently are using less effective.  As a result, I would recommend occasionally switching the products you use, or alternating between products.  I myself have tried out a LOT of different ones, and here are some of my favorites:

Shampoo/Conditioner:

Phytocitrus Restructuring Shampoo--works great for color-treated hair, and leaves your hair smelling citrus-y and looking radiant and shiny!














Redken Extreme Shampoo paired with Redken All-Soft Conditioner--these two paired together are absolutely phenomenal.  The shampoo lathers well into your hair for a deep cleansing, and the conditioner is probably the best I have ever used and leaves your hair very soft and moisturized.

Leave-In Products:

Kerasate Oleo Relax Leave-In Conditioner--reduces frizz, conditions your hair, and smells like roses.  Apply 2-4 pumps to damp hair and then another pump to dry hair to finish it off.

Phyto 7 Hydrating Botanical Cream
paired with Phytolisse Finishing Serum--work a pea-sized glob of the cream into damp hair, then rub finishing serum over dry hair to add brilliance.


ENJOY Intensive Hair and Skin Treatment Oil--work a little glob (don't overdo) into wet hair.  This oil will lock in the moisture into your hair but best of all, REDUCES DRYING TIME.  I use it, and it really does make your hair dry much quicker.

Redken Outshine 01 Anti-Frizz Polishing Milk--apply to damp hair to reduce frizziness and add incredible shine.  Leaves your hair feeling light and smooth.

QUICK TIP: When using any leave-in conditioner, be sure to work the product more heavily/thoroughly to the tips of your hair.  The end of your hair tends to get dryer (and get split ends) because the natural oils that your head produces can't work their way down to the ends as much.

So there are my recommendations!  I have used and still do use all of the products above.  I'm a huge fan of hair, so trust me, I have tried out tons of different products and these are what I've found to be the best.  I have pretty dry hair (partially a result of color-treatment), so I look for products that do a really good job of moisturizing/conditioning and getting rid of frizz.

So try out these products--you won't be disappointed!

xoxo
Audrey




1 comment: