Monday, January 3, 2011

My outfit of the day 1/3

First day back at school, so a knockout outfit is a must!  I'll make this post a little shorter, since I've already detailed previously the long thought process that goes into putting together an outfit.  Let's take a look at today's outfit.
It was a fairly sunny day for wintertime and I was feeling nostalgic for the summer, so I was feeling a summer dress.  Therefore, I chose to wear a silk Maggy London ruffle front chiffron dress:
Despite the sun, it was still a cold day.  Not a problem!  Adding a pair of leggings underneath a dress is a very stylish look, especially in the winter time:
Now for the accessories.  There is a LOT going on in the dress, both in color and in pattern.  As I've said before, if part of your outfit is loud, the rest should be quieter.  That's not to say some great pieces of jewelry can't spice up the outfit and add some more personality.  Therefore, I chose to add some basic black and gold jewelry:
As you can see, the jewelry still adds some interest to the outfit, but isn't so bold that it overwhelms the rest of the outfit.  In terms of a purse, again, we don't need something too bold.  I chose to continue with the black and gold colors with a black leather Chloe purse:
Putting this all together gives my outfit for today:




2 comments:

  1. Ur outfits are SOOO cute! Keep them coming pllllzzzz <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, thank you SOOO much! Don't you worry, I will <3 :) hahha

    ReplyDelete